The Online Learning Series, hosted by the IFVP continues on August 18 with Anthony Weeks, from San Francisco, USA!
During this episode Anthony Weeks will explore the role of the listener in visual practice.
Specifically, Anthony will invite us to talk and listen together about:
- How do we bring our whole selves to our listening practice while not making it all about us?
- How do we test our listening practices to see which of our own stories, past experiences, biases, and filters influence our abilities to listen to stories that are not our own?
- What does "ethical listening" mean? Why does it matter?
- How do our positions in the room/online/in relation to participants/in our communities/in the world affect the ways in which we listen?
- Why is listening important in visual practice? It's all about how things look, right? If that's not true, why are we so impressed by it/worried about the aesthetics?
WHEN: August 18 2020 at 7:30 AM US Pacific Time
Vancouver, Canada – August 18, 07:30 AM PDT
San Francisco, USA - August 18, 07:30 AM PDT
Chicago, USA - August 18, 09:30 AM CDT
New York, USA - August 18, 10:30 AM EDT
Santiago, Chile - August 18, 10:30 AM CHT
Buenos Aires, Argentina August 18, 11:30 AM ART
São Paulo, Brazil - August 18, 11:30 AM BRT
London, United Kingdom - August 18, 3:30 PM BST
Frankfurt, Germany - August 18, 4:30 PM CEST
Madrid, Spain - August 18, 4:30 PM CEST
Bangkok, Thailand - August 18, 9:30 PM ICT
Tokyo, Japan - August 18, 11:30 PM JST
Sydney, Australia - August 19, 00:30 AM AEST
Please use the following Time Converter if you have doubts about the right time of this session where you are.
Register in advance for this meeting!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This on-line session is OPEN and FREE to all. It will be recorded and available to ONLY IFVP members on IFVP.org.
Join us at IFVP!
Looking forward to seeing you all at the twelfth episode of the Online Learning Series from the beautiful city of San Francisco!
The Board of Directors of the IFVP