Don't just take notes, visualize them. Join us for this week-long (2 hours per day) doodle day camp, an introductory graphic recording and sketch-noting experience for facilitators, team leaders, entrepreneurs, and the visually-inclined. Visual notes help us capture and remember key points in a visually pleasing way. It's tons of fun and a wonderful life skill.
A graphic recording and sketchnoting workshop will...
- Help your team communicate their ideas visually
- Allow for your team to move beyond basic PowerPoint to truly engaging presentation visuals
- Give participants a launching platform for further study in graphic recording
"Learning how to take visual notes for my classes not only helped me stay engaged during long lectures, it also helped me remember what I learned much longer." - Lauren Green, instructor and long-time student of life
Graphic recording and sketch-noting is a fun way to learn through writing down what you hear with both words and pictures. During this day camp, we will practice drawing, lettering and listening. We will have fun, while learning a skill that can help us stay engaged during those long Zoom meetings and actually remember what was discussed. This is also a wonderful class for facilitators looking to improve their chart craft and for teachers who would like to add a touch of flair to their lesson plans. While the camp is online, you will be working with paper and markers. We will teach using video and then you'll have the chance to practice the skills in your notebooks and up at the wall.
Monday, July 27 - Friday, July 31
1-3 PM Eastern, Daily
- Day 1: Background, tools, and basic drawing skills
- Day 2: Figures, faces and graphic jam practice
- Day 3: Hands, level up your drawing, and basic lettering
- Day 4: Chart craft, listening skills, and live scribe practice
- Day 5: Layouts, templates, the business of graphic recording, and resources for continued study
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Thursday, July 23, 2020