The IFVP needs your help!
By the end of 2020, IFVP’s OLS - Online Learning Series - will have offered 19 sessions in English and Spanish. The continued feedback received from participants (both members and non-members) is overwhelmingly positive and there is great incentive to continue offering OLS in 2021 and beyond. However, there is a sizable amount of behind the scenes work to successfully run the program. The IFVP is a volunteer organization so that is why we are recruiting for the OLS2021 cohort.
Under the leadership of Sunny BenBelkacem, assisted by José Luis Anzizar, the cohort will be composed of 6 IFVP members:
- 3 OLS Hosts (2 English speakers and 1 Spanish speaker)
- 3 OLS Session Managers (2 English speakers and 1 Spanish speaker)
Be part of a volunteer cohort curating, overseeing and delivering OLS2021!
The OLS2021 cohort will serve for 12 months. In 2021, they will:
- Curate and prepare the program for 2021
- Launch and manage OLS2021 program
- Deliver a 12 month OLS 2021 program
- Recruit and train the OLS2022 Cohort to launch in Q1-2022
- Update their experience with program management for IFVPOLS
- Create value and benefits for their fellow IFVP members
Who are you?
Candidates for the OLS2021 cohort will be people who are:
- IFVP members
- Self directed while excelling at collaboration within a team.
- Proactive project managers and doers.
- Able to work under pressure, if needed.
- Able to learn from mistakes and share best-practices with the team.
Role and responsibilities for the OLS2021 Cohort
Role: Act as the hosts and managers of the OLS2021 program.
Fourth Quarter of 2020: Curate and prepare OLS2021 Program (identify presenters, schedule dates, manage cadence of meetings)
First Quarter of 2021: Launch and manage OLS2021 program
Third Quarter of 2021: Recruit OLS2022 cohort
Fourth Quarter of 2021: Train OLS2022 cohort
OLS2021 Episode Host responsibilities
We want 3 Episode Hosts: 2 for English episodes and 1 for Spanish episodes!
- Each Host will manage approximately between 8 to 12 episodes per year (one or two per month, depending on when the schedule begins and ends during 2021).
- Each Host will invest between 5 to 7 hours per episode, plus 2 hours every quarter to participate in a Team Meeting.
- Scheduling episode with presenter
- Setting up episode in zoom
- Writing episode copy for announcement
- Publishing episode announcement
- Acting as Host during OLS2021 episodes with the presenter
- Writing episode summary and archiving recording
OLS2021 Episode Manager responsibilities
We want 3 Episode Managers, 2 for English episodes and 1 for Spanish episodes!
- Each Episode Manager will manage approximately between 8 to 12 episodes per year (one or two per month, depending on when the schedule begins and ends during 2021).
- Each Episode Manager will invest between 5 to 7 hours per episode, plus 2 hours every quarter to participate in a Team Meeting.
- Managing the schedule.
- Setting up survey.
- Acting as co-host during OLS2021 episodes.
- Pulling attendee reporting.
- Analyzing Survey report.
- Summarizing survey data.
- Archiving report.
How should you apply?
To apply please complete this form! https://forms.gle/VLmYMhRResDwcTp86
When do we start?
- In early September, we will select and notify the cohort.
- In late September, we will have our first cohort on-line gathering to design how we will work together to train on the OLS program process.
What will we do in Q4-2020?
Work hands on with BOD members Sunny BenBelkacem and José Luis Anzizar to learn the tools and process while participating in the remaining OLS2020 Episodes throughout the end of the year.
Do YOU want to be part of the OLS2021 Cohort?
The IFVP needs your help!
Thank you John Bloch for the beautiful drawing that illustrates this announcement!